John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

Receipt for turf and soil issued to John Lunn

On a visit to my Mum and Dad in Thornton in August 1989, I was shown a tin containing old family documents from my Dad’s side of the family, which I transcribed on Sunday 20th August 1989. One of the documents was a receipt issued to John Lunn for turf and soil. It was issued on 26 April 1913, and related to the funeral of his wife Elizabeth “Dolly” Lunn on 27 March 1913. In November 2011 I visited my now-widowed Mum, and on Saturday 12th November 2011 I photographed those of the documents that we could find, in addition to other documents from her side of the family. The receipt was not among these documents, however.

Receipt for turf and soil issued to John Lunn
as I copied it on Sunday 20th August 1989:

City of Sheffield Cemeteries Department, City Road Cemetery, April 26 1913.
Received from Mr J. Lunn of 71 Pond Street the sum of one shilling and six pence for turf and soil.
Grave No. 9833.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]